top of page

Welcome to the Community!

Growth and development in Clifton Heights first began to take place in the early 1800's. Development was accelerated in 1849 when the Jefferson and Brownsboro Turnpike Company was authorized to construct a road from Beargrass St. to the city limits. The area experienced rapid growth until the turn of the century.

After WWI the increased use of automobiles once again rejuvenated interest in the Clifton Heights area. Today, Clifton Heights is a predominantly residential area, with over 8,000 residents. The ample amount of trees, narrow streets and variety of housing styles in the area give the neighborhood a small town feel despite being located only a few minutes from downtown Louisville.

Thanks for subscribing!

bottom of page